Hart Office Furniture is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all those who use our website and our services.
In line with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) it is important to us that our visitors and customers understand what personal data we collect from you and how it will be processed.
What personal data do we collect?
Information provided by you, why we hold it, how we use and where we store it:
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- We hold and use it to respond to your enquiry, communicate with you and for providing quotations.
- It is stored on our emails, paper in the office and staff personal phones.
- Your Name, address, landline, mobile number and email address.
- We hold and use this data to communicate with you, to provide quotations, following up payments and delivering items.
- It is stored on our emails, filed documents, on the computer, icloud, paper in the office, diaries and staff personal phones.
- Contact name, address of company, work telephone number and work email address, bank transfer details.
- We use and hold this information so that we can communicate with suppliers, pay/prove payment, check stock, and place purchase orders.
- It is stored on our emails, filed documents, on the computer, icloud and paper in the office.
Information we collect from you:
- Our website uses a cookie control system that allows the user, on their first visit, to allow or disallow the use of non-essential cookies on their computer/device. Cookies are small, harmless files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website.
- The following essential cookies do not require consent as they are necessary to make the site work properly.
- The tk-ai Woocommerce cookie runs on our site in order for visitors to browse and search for products.
- The following non-essential cookies are used for marketing and analytical purposes and do require consent:
- WordPress Login cookie – this helps the users who access the back end of our website to make this access easier.
- Google Analytics Cookies – Collect your IP user address and information about the pages you accessed and how long you stayed on these pages as part of our Google Analytics. Google Analytics does not store, save or collect personal information and provides it to us in an anonymised format (general summary rather than individualised), We use the information to understand how our site is being used and to make improvements in its functionality in the future.
Who uses your information and do we share your information?
- Enquiries – The sales and accounts teams. It is not shared with anyone unless you become a customer.
- Customers – The sales and accounts teams. We may need to share your data with our suppliers and delivery drivers in order to fulfil your order or for accounting/legal reasons.
- Suppliers – Purchasing and accounts team. We do not share your details unless required to by law or for accounting purposes.
How long do we keep hold of your data?
We need to hold on to our invoices and financial records for at least 7 years.
How do we secure your information?
We take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure, to the best of our knowledge, that the necessary security steps are taken.
We use antivirus software and generated passwords & secure servers to protect the information we hold.
Our website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy and uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate.
While we do take all applicable technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data it is impossible for us to secure the entire internet it is, therefore, your responsibility to acknowledge this and to understand that the personal details you give to us by your own choice across the internet are transferred at your own risk.
What about our social media platforms?
Our social media engagement is subject to the customs and privacy policies of each social media platform. Social media may have their own tracking cookies in place.
While we take great care to ensure the security and safety of our follower’s personal information it is up to the individual to use the platforms with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
Hart Office Furniture will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as telephone or email.
If we use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question, users do so at their own discretion. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL’s (web addresses) so that they look like this; http://bit.ly/wkDTpk18. These shortened URL’s can be prone to spam and hacking. Hart Office Furniture cannot take any liability for damages/implications caused by visiting any shortened links
What are your Data Protection Rights?
Data Request: You may request a copy of the personal data we hold for you free of charge. If you would like a copy of this information, please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy. We will respond to your request within 30 days providing you supply us with appropriate proof of identity.
You may also request to amend/delete the details we hold by contacting us directly at email@example.com or using the address at the bottom of the policy.
We will update this policy in response to legal, technical or business developments.
March 2020 Created by:
Hart Office Furniture Ltd,
Langley Brook Business Park,
London Road (A446)